Zion National Park - 1 Day Experience
A century of sanctuary, Zion, Utah’s first national park, was protected as Mukuntuweap National Monument in 1909, and elevated to Zion National Park in 1919.
Zion National Park offers you a diversity of wildlife and recreational opportunities. Experience the Mojave Desert, the Great Basin, and the Colorado Plateau where they converge within the park.
Photograph cliffs and temples of Zion National Park, believed to be among North America’s tallest sandstone formations. View West Temple, at 7810 feet, it is the highest elevation in Zion National Park. The petrified rocks of the Navajo Sandstone Formation are remnants of an ancient desert formed during the Jurassic Period.
Walk along the bank of the Virgin River protected by the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System. Admire the Zion-Mt Carmel tunnel, constructed 1927-1929. When opened in 1930 it was the longest tunnel in United States.
- Temple of Sinawava
- River Walk to the Narrows
- Court of the Patriarchs
- The Great Arch of Zion
- The Zion Tunnel
- Checkerboard Mesa
Arrive in Las Vegas, Nevada from your gateway city. While spending a few days adjusting to time zone changes, enjoy premiere shows and fine dining in the entertainment capitol of the world. Experience the lights of Las Vegas Strip and Fremont Street.
- Departing Las Vegas for Color Country in Southern Utah you will drive through Saint George Utah settled by Mormon Pioneers in 1861
- Arrive Zion National Park and enjoy a leisure walk along the Virgin River from the Temple of Sinawava to the Narrows, or hike to Angel's Landing or the Emerald Pools
- Photograph the Court of the Patriachs, and the West Temple. The sandstone cliffs in Zion National Park are considered to have been among the tallest sandstone formations in North America
- Drive the scenic route to the Great Arch of Zion, the Zion Tunnel, and Checkerboard Mesa before returning to Las Vegas
Additional Options – Utah: Frontier Homestead State Park Museum, Saint George.