Hoover Dam, Lake Mead & Lost City Museum- 1 Day Experience
Learn about Hoover Dam, a 20th century engineering masterpiece. Constructed during the Great Depression, the project known as Boulder Dam was completed ahead of schedule and under budget.
Part of the Colorado River system, Hoover Dam impounded water creating Lake Mead, the largest man-made reservoir in the United States. Lake Mead supplies communities in Southern California, Arizona and Southern Nevada with water for municipal, industrial and agriculture use. Hydro-electric power, and water recreation activities are secondary benefits.
Designated a National Historic Landmark, the Dam is rated by the American Society of Civil Engineers as one of America’s Seven Modern Civil Engineering Wonders.
- Historic Hoover Dam
- Historic Bolder City
- Lake Mead & Recreation Area
- National Park Service – Alan Bible Visitor Center
- Lost City Museum of Archaeology
- Arrive in Las Vegas, Nevada from your gateway city. While spending a few days adjusting to time zone changes, enjoy premiere shows and fine dining in the entertainment capitol of the world. Experience the lights of Las Vegas Strip and Fremont Street.
- Depart your hotel and enjoy a leisure drive along The Strip
- View Lake Mead from the top of Hoover Dam
- Pose for a photo beneath the iconic Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign
- Be enriched during your guided tour of the Historic Hoover Dam
- Visit the Alan Bible Visitor Center on the shore of Lake Mead
- Enjoy your ride through the Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Learn about the ancestral puebloan people, and mid-19th century settlers who occupied the land now covered by Lake Mead
Additional Options – Nevada: Boulder City, Ethel M Chocolates Botanical Cactus Garden, Lake Mead Cruise, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Las Vegas Strip, Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge, Valley of Fire State Park, Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign.