Hoover Dam - 1 Day Experience
Learn about Hoover Dam, a 20th century engineering masterpiece. Constructed during the Great Depression, the project known as Boulder Dam was completed ahead of schedule and under budget.
Part of the Colorado River system, Hoover Dam impounded water creating Lake Mead, the largest man-made reservoir in the United States. Lake Mead supplies communities in Southern California, Arizona and Southern Nevada with water for municipal, industrial and agriculture use. Hydro-electric power, and water recreation activities are secondary benefits.
Designated a National Historic Landmark, the Dam is rated by the American Society of Civil Engineers as one of America’s Seven Modern Civil Engineering Wonders.
- Narrated guided tour of the Hoover Dam power plant
- Photograph the Historic Hoover Dam and Lake Mead
- Walk along the top of Hoover Dam
- Walk the Mike O’Callaghan – Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge
- Visit Historic Boulder City
- Possible half day tour
- Arrive in Las Vegas, Nevada from your gateway city. While spending a few days adjusting to time zone changes, enjoy premiere shows and fine dining in the entertainment capitol of the world. Experience the lights of Las Vegas Strip and Fremont Street.
- Narrated guided power plant tour at the base of Hoover Dam
- View Lake Mead from the top of Hoover Dam
- Walk on the Bypass Bridge for a frontal view of Hoover Dam
- Visit the Lake Mead National Recreation Area Visitor Center
- See Historic Boulder Dam Hotel
- Stroll downtown Boulder City boutique shops and cafes
Additional Options – Nevada: Boulder City, Lake Mead Cruise, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Las Vegas Strip, Mike O’Callaghan – Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge, Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign.